- Site terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
By accessing, browsing and/or using orange.mu and orange-business.mu you agree to the following terms.
- Set out below are the terms under which Telecom Plus Ltd will provide you with access to the information and services that we offer via the Telecom Plus Ltd portal websites located at www.orange.mu and orange-business.mu (the "Portals").
- Content (information, communications, images and sounds contained on or available through the Portal) is provided by Telecom Plus Ltd, its affiliates, independent content providers and third parties. The contents of orange.mu and orange-business.mu are the copyright of Telecom Plus Ltd or its affiliates, independent content providers or third parties. All rights reserved. The contents of the Portal cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of Telecom Plus Ltd. You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by orange.mu and orange-business.mu are for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
- Telecom Plus Ltd will use its reasonable endeavours to maintain orange.mu and orange-business.mu in a fully operating condition. It is not responsible for the results of any defects that exist in the Portals. You should not assume that the Portals or its content are error free or that they will be suitable for the particular purposes that you have in mind when using them. Telecom Plus reserves the right to make subsequent changes to them, and services may be modified, supplemented or withdrawn.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided by us in connection with the Portals is accurate at the time of its inclusion; however, there may be errors, inaccuracies or omissions in respect of which we exclude all liability. We make no representations or warranties about the information included on our web pages (including links to third parties' web pages). You shall be solely responsible for any decisions based on the information contained on such web pages.
- The content on these Portals is intended to appeal to a wide range of audiences and as such not all of the material is suitable for use by children. Parents and guardians are reminded of the importance of supervising young children when using the Internet. Where Telecom Plus provides any interactive services such as chat rooms or bulletin boards we will provide clear information about the service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used and provide you with a means to contacting the moderator. Parents and guardians shall be responsible for the actions of any children using these Portals.
- Various elements of the content, products and services accessible via this website are not provided by us but instead by other companies. Telecom Plus Ltd is unable to guarantee that such products and services or any websites accessible via the Portal are virus or error free. You should check all emails, attachments and files before downloading them.
- Your dealings with, and interest in, promotions, services, or retailers found via this Portal are solely between you and the person with whom you are dealing unless we expressly state otherwise.
- Telecom Plus Ltd or online retailers and content providers found whilst browsing these Portals may provide links to other websites or resources. We do not accept responsibility for these third party websites or resources and neither have we endorsed their content, products or services merely because they are accessible via the Portal.
- Information provided by Telecom Plus does not constitute legal or professional advice and should not be relied upon without taking independent advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Portal or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
- We take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any information you input or send to us in connection with the Portals by using secure services and encryption technology where we deem appropriate, however, we accept no responsibility for any damages that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
- It is a condition of us allowing you access to the information on the Portal that you accept we will not be liable for any action you take relying on the information on orange.mu and orange-business.mu. Telecom Plus will not be liable if your use of materials or information from orange.mu and orange-business.mu results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume any costs relating to the above. Telecom Plus Ltd reserves the right to charge for access to certain information on orange.mu and orange-business.mu. Telecom Plus Ltd will inform you where a charge will be incurred by you for accessing certain services or information on the Portals; such access may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
- If your PC does not support relevant technology including but not limited to encryption you may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on the Portal.
- You may not mirror any material contained on orange.mu and orange-business.mu on any other server without the prior written consent of Telecom Plus Ltd. Any unauthorised use of the contents of orange.mu and orange-business.mu either under this clause or clause 11 above may be in breach of copyright laws or trademark laws or other Mauritian laws.
- You acknowledge that Telecom Plus Ltd has no control over and excludes all liability for any material on the Internet which can be accessed by using the Portal. Neither can we be deemed to have endorsed the content.
- By submitting any material to us via the Portal websites, via email or otherwise, you do so in the knowledge that Telecom Plus Ltd may copy, modify, distribute or create a derivative work from that content in any form. You warrant that the material is fit for publication and agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material that you submit. You warrant that you believe Telecom Plus Ltd may publish the material you submit and/or make use of it or any concepts described in it in our products or services without liability and you agree not to take action against us in relation to it. You agree that we shall have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Portal constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
- We shall have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in condition 19 below.
- If you choose or are issued with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of any registration or security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account. You agree to immediately notify Telecom Plus Ltd of any unauthorised use or breach of security. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this term. We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password.
- You agree to use the Portals only in a lawful manner and further agree not to cause, nor knowingly allow others to cause, any nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience, whether to Telecom Plus Ltd or any of its customers or users of orange.mu and orange-business.mu by any means, including without limitation by a denial of service attack, knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material with is malicious or technologically harmful, harassment, impersonation of another person or entity. You also agree not to use orange.mu and orange-business.mu to transmit or post any material which is fraudulent, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, hateful, sexually, racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive or obscene or menacing character or which may in our judgement cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience to Telecom Plus Ltd, or any other person or which is illegal. You will not use orange.mu and orange-business.mu such that you would cause the whole or part of orange.mu and orange-business.mu (including the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database attached to it) to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or impaired in any way. In such circumstances your right to use the Portals will cease immediately.
- The service is accessed via the World Wide Web which is independent of orange.mu and orange-business.mu and Telecom Plus Ltd. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. Telecom Plus Ltd has no responsibility for any information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web.
- Telecom Plus Ltd does not accept responsibility for any defects that may exist or for any costs, loss of profits, loss of data or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to use or access or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time. Telecom Plus Ltd excludes all liability whether in contract, tort (including liability for negligence) or otherwise for the accuracy, suitability, quality or completeness of any information and the value and integrity of goods and services offered by third parties over orange.mu and orange-business.mu. You acknowledge that we have no control over and we exclude all liability for any material on the World Wide Web, which can be accessed by using the Portal.
- We may suspend or vary the whole or any part of the service offered on orange.mu and orange-business.mu for any reason, at any time at our sole discretion without liability to you.
- Telecom Plus Ltd reserves the right to vary the terms of this contract from time to time, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting of the varied Terms and Conditions on orange.mu and orange-business.mu. By continuing to use orange.mu and orange-business.mu you will be deemed to accept such variation.
- If any part of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these terms.
- The Mauritian courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to your use of the Portal although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These terms are governed by the laws of Mauritius.
- Telecom Plus Ltd and any other Telecom Plus Ltd product or service names referred to on the orange.mu and orange-business.mu website are trade marks of Telecom Plus Ltd of 14th Floor Telecom Tower, Edith Cavell Street, Port Louis.
- Any person/company advertising on www.orange.mu web portal shall be responsible to ensure that he/she/it has the relevant authority/license/permit/qualification as may be applicable for the purposes of the advertisement concerned.
- Telecom Plus reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove any advertisement for any reason, such as but not limited to: the advertisement is contrary to any laws/regulations or is in any manner offensive to public morality or may affect public security. Telecom Plus shall not provide any reason for such removal.